Vastly improve stack-trace reporting
Stack traces are great, but some more information could be added, and provided for each individual crash:
1. The version of the app that crashed
2. The date of the crash (exact time wouldn't hurt either)
3. The exact OS version it crashed on
4. The hardware it crashed on
5. The language (or some sort of region info) used by the phone it crashed on
6. Anything else that would help us isolate a problem when we can't reproduce a crash on our own phones or in the emulator.
Thanks for the suggestion; we recommend that you take a look at the new App Health report, which we believe should address most of your concerns raised here.
For more information on the new App Health report, check out https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/mt148537.aspx
Pratik Chheda commented
Dave C commented
I agree with this. I've started using crittercism.com which seems to be pretty good though if you have a lot of users then its not free.
Daniels Danilins commented
There is an exception type in current report, but no exception message. Please add it.
app version that generate erro would be great too.
Add at least the app version!
Andrew Schofield commented
It would really help with responding to crash reports if the version of the app was included. As it is, it is very hard to work out if I've fixed a crash.
David Lorenzin commented
The source code line number, as normal ex.stacktrace desktop framework. For me now is useless, I see only 'core....dll' errors...
The following additional fields should be added to the crash report:
Date of crash