How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Dev Center: Include OS Version in Usage Analytics

In the Health page of Dev Center analytics, crashes and hangs can be filtered by OS version (RTM, 1507, 1511, 1607, etc.). Please provide this same information on the 'Usage' page. OS information is not included at all on the 'Usage' page. While I get crashes by OS (Health page), I need to cross-reference this with usage by OS to determine the overall impact of a given bug. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/usage-report

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mike Francis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ben Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree. At the moment I'm still supporting the original release of Windows 10, and I want to know if I can drop support, so it would be really useful to know how many people using my app are still on this version. At the moment the only indication I have is the number of crashes, but this may be relatively higher (or lower) on an earlier version of Windows 10.

Having this information would make me much more confident about updating my app to use the features in the latest version of Windows 10.

• John Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful in triage/prioritization of what to focus quality improvement efforts on.

• Jonathan Edmonds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. I'm sure this information is known to Microsoft, please make it available to all of us through the analytics page in Dev Center.

Feedback and Knowledge Base