How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Frame.ContentTransitions no longer working for pages in Build 17763

We have discovered a major breaking change in Windows SDK Build 17763 for UWP apps upgrading from a previous version.

We have many existing apps (and a minimal repro) which achieves page transitions by setting the Frame.ContentTransitions property. I get the same result if I set this property in code and/or in XAML. For example:

rootFrame.ContentTransitions = new TransitionCollection
{
new NavigationThemeTransition
{
DefaultNavigationTransitionInfo = new DrillInNavigationTransitionInfo()
}
};

This is following the recommended guidance here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp/api/windows.ui.xaml.media.animation.navigationthemetransition#remarks

Expected Result:
When calling Frame.Navigate(typeof(AnyPage)), I should see a "drill in" transition to the new page.This is exactly what I get using previous builds (e.g. 17134).

Actual Result:
The new page slides up from the bottom.

Workaround:
It works if I explicitly call Frame.Navigate with the desired transition. For example:
Frame.Navigate(typeof(AnyPage), parameter, new DrillInNavigationTransitionInfo())

Setting the SDK version specified in project properties back to 17134, and the problem goes away.

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Will shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steven Moyes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for reporting this issue. This is indeed an unexpected consequence of adding a default theme transition when navigating between pages. We are tracking this bug internally, but in the meantime, please leverage the workaround mentioned (ie. "Frame.Navigate(typeof(AnyPage), parameter, new DrillInNavigationTransitionInfo());")

Feedback and Knowledge Base