Need (improved) Alarm & Reminder APIs in WP8.1 RunTime for creating Universal apps
There's currently no way to create a universal app that has alarm/reminder functionality because these APIs are not included in the new WP RunTime.
Also, the existing Alarm & Reminder APIs for WP8 are very limited. When they eventually get added into the new RunTime, can you guys please consider the following possible improvements?
1. Able to select a song from Music Library as the alarm/reminder tone.
2. Allow custom snooze time.
3. Vibrate only support.
4. Allow customizing the Alarm/Reminder popup.
I raised a request on the uservoice site over a year and a half ago, it's got 15k user votes but was rejected recently, because the admin thought it's a dev question (Well, there are a thousand users complaining about these missing features)...
Please, I love WP and I'd love to continue on improving my app, but with all these roadblocks I simply can't do much about it.
This topic contains a few things, we feel there are ways to do this now (listed below) and work arounds. If there are targeted APIs you are looking for, please create a single UV item for each one as this allows us to close items out.
What has been done:
1. There is now a way to create an alarm/reminder in universal windows apps;
2. The alarm/reminder supports custom snooze time (you can choose to let system handle snooze, or wake up your background task to do it manually);
3. The alarm/reminder supports vibrate only (just like toast) that can be overwritten by user to turn off vibration;
4. The alarm/reminder supports a good level of customizability (custom optional inline image, custom additional actions, etc)
There are several blog post that describes above capabilities with more details:
What we know that’s missing and hope to support in the near future:
1. Native platform support in alarm/reminder to automatically handle time conversion when time-zone changes;
a. Workaround – this can be done by the app manually by using the TimeZoneChange system trigger;
2. Native platform support in alarm/reminder for recurrence events;
a. Workaround – this can currently only be done by the app manually periodically waking up and reschedule a bunch of alarms/reminders ahead of time;
3. Native platform support to select a song from Music library as ring tone for alarm/reminder;
a. Workaround – this can be done by reading and copying files from your music library, and then use the saved/modified version of the file in your app package or app data as the ring tone (toast notification supports custom sound by pointing to files in appx or appdata in the xml payload);
Sonic & Klonoa commented
Ok no :'v
A favor de que actalizen con esa funcionalidad
a y a favor zhi
richard dias commented
Хочу установить свою мелодию
bonnie chan commented
Como quando dicen que ya esta pero en 627.AM no esta :'v
Voto a favor
A explorer...parait fonctionnelle.
kimi no nawa commented
erick ferreira commented
Fallen Angel commented
Voto a favor