How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

GATT Server API

Provide a GATT Server funtionality over BLE connection (just like Android >= 4.3) so that devices that work as GATT client can be used with WindowsPhone. For now WindowsPhone 8.1 only provides GATT client.

628 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Petri LipponenPetri Lipponen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Clint Rutkas [MSFT]AdminClint Rutkas [MSFT] (Admin, Windows Developer) responded  · 

Windows Insider Preview 15007 (https://insiders.windows.com) is the first build you can try out the new APIs that enable GATT Server, Bluetooth LE Peripheral role and unpaired Bluetooth LE device connectivity. If you want to learn more about what is in the Windows Insider Preview 15007 build, please look at https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/01/12/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-15007-pc-mobile/

We flighted 15003 Windows Preview SDK at https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewSDK which includes GATT APIs. Kiran has written a great blog on GATT server post at Building Apps for Windows at https://aka.ms/bluetoothgatt

Consumers will have access to the apps that use these new APIs when Windows 10 Creators Update is released in the future.

120 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DanDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got a Fitbit Blaze at the recommendation of the local Microsoft store when my Microsoft band failed. Now I find out that it does not give notifications on my Lumina.
        Soooooo Frustrating.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In plain english, please advise when Fitbit phone call notifications will be available on Windows Lumi 650 phone, thanks

@Clint - When will these libraries be available on IOT? I get type not registered exceptions when trying to use the gatt libraries on 10.0.15007.1000. Eager to get my projects going.

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Clint - Thanks for your team's hard work on this - now off to bug Fitbit to do their part!

@Clint - thank you for the update, and thank you to your team for the hard work you put in to achieve this. I hope you have a great weekend, and I look forward to seeing this released in the mainstream soon.

Sorry don't understand the jargon. Simple question when will my wife be able to receive phone notifications on her fitbit so she does not have to find the phone at bottom of handbag. she has a windows10 phone

The GATT Server libraries are in the insider preview sdk but it doesn't look like anything is implemented. Do we have an implementation date so I can start development? I have a good portion of code done, however I cannot test any of it.

Is this GATT any closer to available to use i sure would like to e able to get full use out of my Fitbit blaze

What's the status on updating the GATT Service APIs so all of us FitBit users can sync with our Windows 10 FitBit charge 2

• DanielDaniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please update ALL OF US on GATT support for us Fitbit and LOYAL Windows Phone users?

Hello, Microsoft. What's the status on updating the GATT Service APIs so all of us FitBit users can sync with our Windows 10 FitBit app?

• MariaMaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Fitbit, discovered no notifications after purchase. This long time Windows phone user has reached her breaking point. All the benefits of a Windows phone have been avalanched by the YEARS of being disappointed with not having the apps that make having the convenience of a smart phone so great. It took years just to get a activity tracker that would pair with a Windows phone and now this, another function I have to do without. I am also now having issues with the mail app and Outlook syncing, which has not happened in the past. So in addition to the many other apps I do without, and now dealing with the new Outlook sync issue (hugh deal), instead of switching trackers, I'm going to switch phones next time my contract is up. All this after years if being a devoted Windows user and promoter. I realize that folks are probably truly working ******* this, but no results after years is too long to wait. If Windows can't see this issue as a huge problem, or put the extra people power on this to help get to a solution, I can't put my heart and hope into it anymore. If you don't have apps, let alone apps that work on multiple devices, what's the point?

Guys, you do realize they will never support Windows Phone 8.x... they talk about the Windows 10 platform...

I have a HTC 8x 8.1 carrier locked, but I'm pretty sure my chances are as null as Lumina owners.

Just move on. When I exercice, I use my Fitbit Charge 2 with a unlocked no carrier Nexus 5 that I got on ebay until my lovely HTC 8x Win8.1 dies or disappears.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base