How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

GATT Server API

Provide a GATT Server funtionality over BLE connection (just like Android >= 4.3) so that devices that work as GATT client can be used with WindowsPhone. For now WindowsPhone 8.1 only provides GATT client.

532 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Petri LipponenPetri Lipponen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ehad AkeilaEhad Akeila shared a merged idea: Accessory App API access  ·   · 

Kiran works on the team.

We published this video for //Build2016 this year – https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2016/P460

In it, Kiran talk about how we plan to make unpaired BLE interaction available later this year. GATT Server APIs will be available to developers in that update so please stay tuned! I’ll reply back on this thread when it’s ready but suffice to say we’re hard at working making this happen. Thanks again for your support!

75 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AkemiAkemi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Another long time Windows phone user verging on quitting the whole thing and going with Android because of the consistent fallbacks on Windows to provide users with the same experience with mobile phone compatibility, apps, etc. SIGH. Can you please give us a provisional date for the release of this? Fed up of my fitbit not receiving notifications.

• SimonSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important feature that many people are expecting. About me it will be decisive for choosing my future device.
        Please provide us a date for this feature.

• JMJM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Fitbit Charge 2 was just released this week, and suffers lack of connected GPS and notifications features for Windows users, because of the lack of GATT Server API.

This API should be implemented in public build as an update (production, not insider) before the end of the year, so Fitbit adds support for it quickly. It's a shame to purchase a product and not being able to use all it features, because of your phone OS. It's a subpar experience, that makes me question my phone choice.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Windows Mobile user of the first hour it is amazing to see that MS is doint nothing to please the users that want to believe in WM and keep the product alive. My 950XL is a perfect Phone butt the consistant lack of apps is so anoying that i give up al hope and the next Phone we will be buying will be a Apple Phone.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it true then that a production build of Windows Mobile with this feature on board will not see light of day until Redstone 2?
        That's some way off. I can't imagine third parties will implement their side of things until Production release.

• Jason S.Jason S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any updates on when we might see this? is it planned to be part of the anniversary update later this summer? i've gone back and forth between fitbits and bands for years, because i love the fitbit app but really want notifications. however, i am honestly beginning to think that i just need to change phone platforms.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need it for FITBIT Blaze for using all Function of the Blaze, important i need the Bluetooth connection for Training. and for all Information about last Training

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base