How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

GATT Server API

Provide a GATT Server funtionality over BLE connection (just like Android >= 4.3) so that devices that work as GATT client can be used with WindowsPhone. For now WindowsPhone 8.1 only provides GATT client.

1,412 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Petri LipponenPetri Lipponen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ehad AkeilaEhad Akeila shared a merged idea: Accessory App API access  ·   · 
    working on it  ·  Clint RutkasAdminClint Rutkas (Admin, Windows Developer) responded  · 

Kiran works on the team.

We published this video for //Build2016 this year – https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2016/P460

In it, Kiran talk about how we plan to make unpaired BLE interaction available later this year. GATT Server APIs will be available to developers in that update so please stay tuned! I’ll reply back on this thread when it’s ready but suffice to say we’re hard at working making this happen. Thanks again for your support!

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason S.Jason S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any updates on when we might see this? is it planned to be part of the anniversary update later this summer? i've gone back and forth between fitbits and bands for years, because i love the fitbit app but really want notifications. however, i am honestly beginning to think that i just need to change phone platforms.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i need it for FITBIT Blaze for using all Function of the Blaze, important i need the Bluetooth connection for Training. and for all Information about last Training

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please develope GATT asap - this is standard and should be really implemented. I need it for my fitbit blaze clock.

• MarkMark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any other possibilities to advertise Services for other Bluetooth Low Energy devices? Or do you have an idea how to run a GATT Server on a Windows 10 device using .Net?

• Martin WanMartin Wan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this so hard to implement? With such delayed development of functionality that is being given by Android and iOS for such a long time, I have to say, this is really sad for MS. I am personally (again) thinking to switch back to an Android device after coming from an iPhone 6 and now owning an almost stupid "brick" Lumia 950 XL. It is a midrange phone and not the flagship I expected. Poor functionality. MS mobile is really losing base and many customers.

• Kiran PathakotaKiran Pathakota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Gear S2 is a device by Samsung. They need to provide app support as GATT Server is just one part of the puzzle when communicating to devices. It's not an instant solution.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base