How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

Visual voicemail

Currently the visual voicemail settings are flashed into the phone image as part of the registry. In the US ATT and T-Mobile settings are already there by default. Other carriers need to create a custom image with their settings.
The problem with this is when users who have an ATT or T-Mobile phone switch to prepaid carriers with their existing phone there is no way to add the visual voicemail settings for the new carrier even if they support it for their custom phones.
For example a user with an ATT Nokia 925 switches to Cricket, even though Cricket supports visual voicemail for their windows phones it will not work with the ATT phone and there is no way to update the registry.

Please add a way to update visual voicemail settings stored in the registry without flashing the phone:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Phone\Service\VisualVoicemail\RegistrationTable

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndrewAndrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    BLindenBLinden shared a merged idea: Visual Voicemail  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mikestumikestu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with you on this. I was disappointed the phone didn't launch with this, so if it doesn't come with the next big update, it will be a crying shame. :)

• BLindenBLinden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company likes WP7, but the nonexistence of visual voice-mail is stopping a switch from the iPhone. Is there a way to access voice-mail metadata?

Feedback and Knowledge Base