Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Universal Windows Platform Developer Feedback site. This site provides the Windows developer community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center (dashboard, reporting/analytics, submission process, etc.)
  • Microsoft Store

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

• Windows consumer suggestions: Use the Windows Feedback Hub app built directly into Windows 10
  • Documentation on docs.microsoft.com: Sign in at the bottom of the page to give documentation feedback via Github
  • Visual Studio / .NET: Use the Visual Studio UserVoice site

If you’re new to UserVoice, two things to keep in mind are (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and not the actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request (or if too many different ideas are included in one suggestion).

How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WebView - allow retrieval of cookies

There should be the ability to retrieve cookies. This can be done already using something like:
    `string cookies = webView.InvokeScriptAsync("eval", "document.cookie");`
    but this technique will not work for cookies marked as 'HTML only' - which would be the case with most secure cookies.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Windows Community Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 我的英语不好,我用中文写。微软可否出一套技术,使用同一套xaml开发pc和移动端UI开发?类似谷歌的flutter?

目前UWP路太窄,仅限于win10。而flutter一开始就支持ios和安卓,而且pc端,web也开始支持了。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows Community Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Delete Ink by point control

Have you experienced the stroke deletion using the standard InkCanvas/InkTollbar against the ink deletion experience on the Sketchpad app?
    The Sketchpad app give you a way more natural to delete strokes because it allows you to delete ink by single point, like an eraser on the real life.
    At the moment the UWP APIs does not expose such a way of erasing strokes, you can only erase the whole stroke, and in order to achieve the ink deletion by point there is a lot of code to write as well as having the appropriate know how.
    What do you think…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Community Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Carousel with circural/loop scrolling?

Is some possibility to have in the future circular/loop scrolling in Carousel control? I saw some old issue https://github.com/windows-toolkit/WindowsCommunityToolkit/issues/1462 but its inactive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add TabView property to set the individual tabs' Content from a data item in ItemSource

Currently, the only way to set content for TabView tabs is to set the content property of the items themselves, but for scenarios where we need to generate them from an ObservableCollection, this does not exist. TabView.ItemTemplate only allows us to set the "shared content" rather than individual tab content. We need a way to set the "TabView.ItemContent" to a property from our data source.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Community Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WebView - give access to response headers

Perhaps within the `WebViewControlNavigationCompletedEventArgs` class, we should be able to access response headers of the page which has been navigated to. This can then be used in authentication scenarios.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Infinite cycling GridView/ListView(one row enabled)

I'm using AdaptiveGridView with OneRowEnabled import from windows community toolkit, and found NetFlix app having an interesting thing. All the category items are infinite cycle, ie, when scrolling to the last item, and then the first item comes following the last item. It's like a circle list, the last one connect with the first one.

The following picture link maybe more intuitive.
    https://i.stack.imgur.com/QR8sl.png

My so question: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56248964/how-to-make-a-infinite-cycling-gridviewone-row-enabled/56251154?noredirect=1#comment99154419_56251154

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Circular flipview control with position indicators

A flipview like behavior that has position indicator on the bottom and changing items is infinite and circular. Swiping from the last item woudl change to the first item and the position idicator will chane to the first as well. Just like a carousel that is found on different web UIs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Marquee text needed

A marquee text is very common control/widget in other platforms, except on uwp.
    Can WCT team develop a marquee text control, and we can have some control on it.

I have a detailed description at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56072371/uwp-marquee-text-animation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Command parameter property for AdaptiveGridView control

I can prevent using event handlers like Tapped or ItemClicked when Item clicked on AdaptiveGridView and using command through ItemClickCommand property but there is not opportunity for passing parametr so it would be good if this property will be introduced.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DataGridColumn Binding Support

DataGridColumn does not support any binding support out of the box. It may be useful to bind SortDirection or DisplayIndex or any other number of exposed properties.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. event hub/pub-sub/messenger implementation in UWP

We often have a requirement that we need to publish/send messages from one ViewModel and another ViewModel needs to subscribe or receive these messages so they can communicate with each other. I don't find any default implementation in windows community toolkit. Of course, we can create events to pub/sub but I think a common messenger system would be more helpful. I have created a simple implementation for this scenario. Any interests?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enhance the experience of RangeSelector

I am looking forward to the following improvements to RangeSelector

1. Add the ability to set the minimum/maximum selection range (maybe MaxRangeLength/MinRangeLength). For example, if we set MinRangeLength=5, then RangeMax must be greater than or equal to 5 when RangeMin is 0. I think this will be useful to prevent users from choosing inappropriate range values.
    2. We should be able to change the range by dragging the middle part.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. KeyboardSelection in Selectors (ListBox, ComboBox, ListView, GridView)

Keyboard selection in Selectors (ListBox, ComboBox, ListView, GridView) for UWP apps doesn't really work.

I came up with a solution for this using a KeyboardSelectionBehavior, Have a look at:
    WinRT: https://reflectionit.nl/Blog/2013/windows-8-xaml-tips-creating-blend-behaviors
    Silverlight: https://www.reflectionit.nl/blog/2010/keyboard-selection-on-silverlight-listbox-and-combobox

I think this could also be useful for the toolkit. I'm not sure if it should be a Behavior or an AttachedProperty.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. radialgauge ValueChanged

The RadialGauge control needs a ValueChanged event to enable apps to tie to it and become more event-driven.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows Community Toolkit  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. UWP Adcontrol for WPF/Winforms apps

Should be able to use the UWP advertising SDK and adcontrols in WPF/Winforms apps so that they can be monetised

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Infinite Canvas Export Image

The infinite canvas control doesn't have (that I could find) a way to export the ink as an image (PNG, JPG, GIF, etc).

The raw InkCanvas control underneath has ways using the StrokeContainer, but those are both private and unaccessable.

So can we have either a way to export, or can the underlying (my preference) InkCanvas be exposed as public?

Thanks!

Rob.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring waslibs controls/services to community toolkit

Would be really nice to have everything in a single place, so why not bring all the rest of controls/services/helpers from https://github.com/wasteam/waslibs to windows community toolkit? :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add ComboBoxColumn for DataGrid

Most DataGrids have readily available ComboBoxColumn where data can be changed to a value from a given collection. In view mode it looks like the normal TextColumn, and in edit mode the ComboBox appears.

While it is possible to achieve this with the TemplateColumn having a ComboBoxColumn would be more convenient.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base