Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Universal Windows Platform Developer Feedback site. This site provides the Windows developer community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center (dashboard, reporting/analytics, submission process, etc.)
  • Microsoft Store

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

• Windows consumer suggestions: Use the Windows Feedback Hub app built directly into Windows 10
  • Documentation on docs.microsoft.com: Sign in at the bottom of the page to give documentation feedback via Github
  • Visual Studio / .NET: Use the Visual Studio UserVoice site

If you’re new to UserVoice, two things to keep in mind are (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and not the actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request (or if too many different ideas are included in one suggestion).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. tool Hyper-V manager to manage easly Hyper-v VMS

Hello everyone,
    after a bigg effort I propose my tool HV-MAN (free), it is a tool that I developed for microsoft, which makes it possible to manage the VMS in a very easy way, it makes possible to change network switch in a few clicks, and also toggle between viewing virtual machines, as well as lists, it connects directly to the virtual machine and you dont need to configure the RDP mode, it also allows to manage a remote server if you are in domain.
    the link is as follows: https://inforti.wixsite.com/site/hv-man
    for downloads : https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1alhrhcvuxyl3d/HV-MAN-v2.0.msi?dl=0

execute it as administrator, his…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Dev Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Raw Input: GetRawInputDeviceInfoA Return Signature Change

The function GetRawInputDeviceInfoA in the Raw Input API can return three values. Those are a nonzero value, 0, or a -1.
    However, due to this function having a UINT as its return signature. You cannot simply do something like
    if ( GetRawInputDeviceInfoA() > 0 ) {success case} else {failure case}
    As if the function returned a -1, all the bits are set. And since the return signature is UINT. The value will be 4,294,967,295.
    Obviously you can just cast to a signed integer. But changing the return signature to a signed integer will save people some amount of time.
    Thank…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can you buy and EV certificate from Microsoft? I don't see any info about that.

Can you buy and EV certificate from Microsoft? I don't see any info about that. I want to get some drivers signed but the instructions are confusing. How do I do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. wdk targets

Provide WDK targets for MSBuild without installing Visual Studio integration.
    This will decouple Visual Studio specific version from WDK build.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Automatically install all dependencies for sideload apps without using the powershell script

Automatically install all dependencies for sideload apps without using the powershell script. Right now, we need to launch powershell and run Add-AppDev.ps1 from the AppPackage directory or we need to run it while specifying dependencies. Since I can have all dependencies and the app installed in one go with a call to the script I should just as easily be able to have all the same things execute when I double-click or Add-AppPackage the app to install it. This silly script call is unnecessary. Support it but don't enforce it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please add transparency features to Microsoft Flow & PowerApps - all voters to see votes & comments made.

Microsoft Flow & Power Apps. Currently, there is no way for ALL users in a workflow to see each voter's responses.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. THE IRS TIN MATCHING SERVICE IS CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING AN OUTAGE, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER

The IRS TIN matching service is down message. Trying to report this but I don't have a support account. So, letting you know this way. It seems broken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Quick actions missing from add tools menu on xbox one

Should be able to add quick actions tool to a workspace on xbox one. I think I must have deleted it and am now struggling to pair with visual studio as I can't get my xbox pin!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I want to buy you all coffee. Thank you for bash, windows subsystem, CLI tool improvements..

I own, and develop on, Mac, Windows, and Linux (desktop and embedded). I have found the combination of Windows and Ubuntu subsystem (or just bash), to be the happy middle ground of all of these, and it greatly increased my productivity, allowed me to bring my experience on linux development to bear on windows projects, and completely eclipses other cross-platform or virtualization-based solutions. Thank you. How do I buy you all coffee?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Disable automatic checkpoints by default in Windows 10 Hyper-V

Automatic checkpoints are always ON when creating a new virtual machine on Windows 10 Hyper-V. Idea is to give a user ability to control default behavior in some way permanently via UI. Currently for every newly created VM we have to manually remove that tick "use automatic checkpoints" form the Settings/Management/Checkpoints as it is always ON.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. midl, release source code or improve five times the error reporting.

Release the source code in github, so one can tracks what the compiler wants. The error messages are cryptic.

import "ResourceCreateContext.idl";
    import "SwapChainResources.idl";

namespace UniqueCreator
    {
    namespace Graphics
    {

[uuid(F2D80A74-731A-4F9C-BC56-910E21511D43)]
    [version(1.0)]
    interface ISwapChainPanelSwapChainResources : IInspectable
    {
    HRESULT f();
    };

[uuid(03DAF29D-8378-412F-A464-31CD8581B60A)]
    [version(1.0)]
    interface ISwapChainPanelSwapChainResourcesFactory
    {
    };

[version(1.0)]
    [activatable(1.0, ISwapChainPanelSwapChainResourcesFactory)]
    [uuid(03DAF29D-8378-412F-A464-31CD8581B60A)]
    runtimeclass SwapChainPanelSwapChainResources
    {
    [default] interface ISwapChainResources;
    }
    }
    }

this is not informative.

F:\projects\uc\uc-graphics-winrt\src\idl\SwapChainPanelSwapChainResources.idl(25): error MIDL2025: [msg]syntax error [context]: expecting . near ")"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. subscriptions

Hi, is it possible to get the active subscription count added in to the console and in to downloadable reports? We can get the number of acquisitions for IAP but this doesn't tell us about how many are currently active or anything around churn. It's very difficult to work out how many active subscribers we have.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Dev Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hyper-V and VMWARE

We Developer have to use VMWARE Workstation for various reason. (at least to share VMs between MAC and Windows).
    We Also want to use hocker on our host machine.

Please Allow using Hyper-V and VMWare on same machine. MAC OS X supports VMWARE and Parallel on same machine,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make Notepad open-source

Notepad has been updated to support Line endings from Unix, Linux, and Mac. I think we should take it one step further and make Notepad opensource like Powershell so the open-source community can continue to add features to Notepad to become the go-to text editor for performing quick edits of programming.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Docs Site Filter Setting by Framework/Platform

Developers tend to work within one framework (UWP/WPF/ASP/etc) at a time. It would be extremely useful (time saving) if the Docs site had a saved filter setting for this that helped restrict search results, API browsing, etc. I think a lot of users waste a lot of time finding themselves browsing some Docs site page which turns out to not be applicable to their development framework. For example, I keep wasting time browsing through search result pages that turn out to be for WPF when I'm doing UWP development, and it's common for that to not be entirely clear at…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create UWP(or Xamarin) Community Tutorial where devs can help creating tutorials

We can see the support of communities in UWPCommunityToolkit. It would be nice to have a UWP(or Xamarin) Community Tutorial where devs can contribute to the tutorial and make it up to date. As a self-learner, it is very hard to find a tutorial to learn new things.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sideloading is far to complicated!

Sideloading is far to complex! Try sideloading an enterprise app for all users...
    Don't botter fixing this, I advise the company to switch to android for 'apps anyway' (hint sideloading on android works like a breeze).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Use developer IDs to sign apps to be distributed outside of the store

With the publisher in the manifest locked to the developer name as well, this should be implemented to make UWP apps much easier to distribute outside of the store.

Apple does this already with there apps (scroll down to the "Outside of the Mac App Store" section": https://developer.apple.com/macos/distribution/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. deploy apps to my Windows 10 mobile device from VS

I have been trying to get my son into programming and so far his dev experience has been less than exciting. He wants to debug his game real time, but the emulator is a pain to deal with forces and gps etc. Allegedly this works, however, I have found thread after thread of people looking for a real solution but no one appears to make any headway because VS gives useless feedback. I have spent an entire day trying to get something, anything working. if I choose device, I get a generic error (vie tried every suggestion I can find…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base