Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Universal Windows Platform Developer Feedback site. This site provides the Windows developer community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center (dashboard, reporting/analytics, submission process, etc.)
  • Microsoft Store

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

• Windows consumer suggestions: Use the Windows Feedback Hub app built directly into Windows 10
  • Documentation on docs.microsoft.com: Sign in at the bottom of the page to give documentation feedback via Github
  • Visual Studio / .NET: Use the Visual Studio UserVoice site

If you’re new to UserVoice, two things to keep in mind are (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and not the actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request (or if too many different ideas are included in one suggestion).

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Xampp OneDrive php bug

There's an important bug in Windows 10 May 2019 Update.
    It would seem that the new "Files on Demand" feature of OneDrive in the Windows May 2019 Update causes issues with PHP's ability to open files and work with Xampp or other PHP offline server.
    This happended before (after fall update) and was fixed later, but now, the bug is here again (after May Update).
    Any attempt to iterate through files in a folder, or even simply do a "require" results in PHP somehow not being able to see them. This applies even if the files are locally available on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show files when using FolderPicker

The FolderPicker should show files in the folders you are browsing through.

I think it's important for the user to know the different files there are in the folder he's about to pick.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File IO / Data Store APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Document Control

A DocumentViewer control where you can see Document Word, Excel, PowerPoint for example convert to pdf

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XAML/Controls/Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Control PdfViewer

A pdfViewer control to read Pdf for Uwp where the pdf and stylus controls can be used.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XAML/Controls/Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Honor the extendedExecutionSession flag in windows.gaming.input.gamepad.vibration

UWP desktop app targeting Windows 17763, requesting and being granted an extendedExecutionSession can target the vibration motors through a windows.gaming.input.gamepad's Vibration interface but once the app gets minimized applying the Vibration property silently fails.
    Please honor the extendedExecutionSession context, thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Device - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Go back to the old way of date stamping files. Only update the date if changes are made.

Go back to the old way of date stamping files. Only update the date if changes are made.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File IO / Data Store APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Autosuggestbox AutoSuggestionBoxTextChangeReason is always UserInput.

[UWP] While following the tutorial at the Microsoft Docs on how to proper create an AutoSuggestBox, when using the SuggestionChosen event handler to change the Text property of the AutoSuggestBox, the TextChanged event is raised with the AutoSuggestionBoxBoxTextChangeReason set to UserInput, even though it was changed via code. The tutorial says it that it should raise it as ProgrammaticChange, and yet that doesn't happen.
    Currently on Windows 10 Pro Build 18309 SDK Version 10.0.17763.132 using Visual Studio 2019 Version 16.0.0 Preview 1.1.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. required data notice for microsoft applications for Mac

After getting a "Required Data Notice" pop up, I am unable to close or clear the pop-up. It's holding me *******; running in the background, triggering my fans, etc. The only choice is to say OK. I don't want to do that without understanding what/why this is needed. There's a link to "Learn More", but that article is not helpful and I didn't see any reference to it being necessary (or helpful) for Mac. After a long online chat with Microsoft tech support, I was told my concerns would be shared with this site and that I would receive feedback…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notification (Push, Toast, Action Center)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Raw Input: GetRawInputDeviceInfoA Return Signature Change

The function GetRawInputDeviceInfoA in the Raw Input API can return three values. Those are a nonzero value, 0, or a -1.
    However, due to this function having a UINT as its return signature. You cannot simply do something like
    if ( GetRawInputDeviceInfoA() > 0 ) {success case} else {failure case}
    As if the function returned a -1, all the bits are set. And since the return signature is UINT. The value will be 4,294,967,295.
    Obviously you can just cast to a signed integer. But changing the return signature to a signed integer will save people some amount of time.
    Thank…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better payment status indicators

July payments are later than usual. I received a vague notification about this when I logged in earlier this month, but I haven't seen anything since. I have no idea when to expect payment, what the status is, etc. It feels a bit like a mystery every month, but July 2019 has been especially bad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Center + Microsoft Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Device Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Attachments specified in EmailMessage.Attachments will not be send when using win32 email clients.

After sending an email using the EmailManager.ShowComposeNewEmailAsync API, the attachments added to EmailMessage will not be added to the email when using a win32 email client (such as Outlook). It works with the Windows 10 Mail application, but lots of users use Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. How to solve Scrollviewer will destroy Listview's virtualization

When put a ListView/GridView in a scrollviewer, then ListView/GridView's virtualization will be destroyed. The same situation on Android/iOS platform is working good.

So will uwp team solve this bug?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option not to use indexer with NeighboringFilesQuery

I'm writing a photo viewing app, and most of the files will be loaded into the app via the NeighboringFilesQuery provided at launch. However, there are so many issues with this that it is really starting to exasperate me.

I think that the issues come from the way it uses the indexer. Based on the issues I've found, it seems to use something like IndexerOption.OnlyUseIndexer. Please change it to DoNotUseIndexer, or allow the app to specify that setting somehow. Here are a list of the issues that I think are caused by using the indexer.

1. Many users complain that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Default code

Mon Laptop HS avec ecran bleu,code défault:
    EF1 Network 0 for IPv4 (50-7B-9D-DB-AO-A7) boot failed.
    J'ai pu réparer.
    C'était mon Disque dur qui n'était pas correctement fixé(vis manquantes).
    Peut etre est ce connu,mais sinon,a faire connaitre.
    Le savoir est le pouvoir.
    Cordialement.
    leloup.michel2@wanadoo.fr ou

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. to select all the file in the folder to delete or download at once are required

I conducting kind of speech recognition research with HoloLens so I record lots of speech audio files but it takes too much time to move it to PC while there's no function about select all the file from folder

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Device Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. StorageFile.GetScaledImageAsThumbnailAsync does not support metadata rotated image

Edit an image by Windows 10 editor. E.g. rotate the image.

Try to open this image like "IRandomAccessStream thumb = await file.GetScaledImageAsThumbnailAsync(ThumbnailMode.SingleItem, 4096);"

The "GetScaledImageAsThumbnailAsync" method will never return with no error or exception.

I need this "IRandomAccessStream" in order to populate an internal map of "BitmapDecoder".

Any ideia how to workaround "GetScaledImageAsThumbnailAsync"? Would it be a bug?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better error messages for "Xaml parsing failed" while developing

While developing UWP applications, I often get an unhandled Windows.UI.Xaml.Markup.XamlParseException: XAML parsing failed. More details on the actual cause of the exception would be helpful.

Cannot create instance of type 'MyUserControl' [Line: 0 Position: 0]

An example of a cause could be declaring a dependency property with a wrong property type or ownertype. The only error the developer will get will be a ArgumentNullException and this unhandled exception, neither of which will help in diagnosing the issue.

I also notice strange behaviors with the UnhandledExceptionEventArgs.Exception property: Its value changes between the first get of the property and the 2nd.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can you buy and EV certificate from Microsoft? I don't see any info about that.

Can you buy and EV certificate from Microsoft? I don't see any info about that. I want to get some drivers signed but the instructions are confusing. How do I do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. WPF host control for UWP.

Ability to host WPF control in UWP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  XAML/Controls/Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base