Universal Windows Platform

Welcome to the Universal Windows Platform Developer Feedback site. This site provides the Windows developer community with a channel for feedback on the following topics:

• Windows developer platform (APIs, runtimes, and controls)
  • Dev Center (dashboard, reporting/analytics, submission process, etc.)
  • Microsoft Store

Your suggestions will be reviewed by the Windows platform developer team to help with planning ideas and to better understand how developers are using the platform.

What this forum is not intended to cover or capture:

• Windows consumer suggestions: Use the Windows Feedback Hub app built directly into Windows 10
  • Documentation on docs.microsoft.com: Sign in at the bottom of the page to give documentation feedback via Github
  • Visual Studio / .NET: Use the Visual Studio UserVoice site

If you’re new to UserVoice, two things to keep in mind are (a) List items (and item rankings) represent community interest in features, and not the actual priority list for the product team; and (b) Suggestions made using this forum will be moderated if they do not actually represent a feature request (or if too many different ideas are included in one suggestion).

How can we improve the Windows dev platform?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Two Copy and Paste Functions

My idea is simply to double the clipboard capabilities to improve user efficiency.

The 4 options should be made available on the context menu when highlighting a text or item.

For example;
    Copy 1 [Item A]
    Copy 2 [Item B]
    Paste 1 [Item A]
    Paste 2 [Item B]

The commands could be changed to colours, rather than numerical values. E.g. Copy <blue> Paste <blue>
    Copy <Green> Paste <Green>

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Device - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Please support a vertically oriented text block for East Asian languages.

Add vertical orientation to the default text block for East Asian languages.

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XAML/Controls/Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Customizeable FileSavePicker UI

Let users add their own Checkboxes, Comboboxes, etc to the FileSavePicker UI.

Example: https://www.dummies.com/wp-content/uploads/227482.image0.jpg

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File IO / Data Store APIs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Windows 10 Mobile

You could rename the Windows 10 Mobile to Windows 10 Watch and you could stop making the Lumia mobile phones but you could start making Lumia Smartwatch with Windows 10 Watch

8 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows Device Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • The problem is Windows loading update August Windows 10 I have no pc now to work on the update is stuck after update

After today update to Windows 10 August update the with DOS is stuck at entrance with a circle on my mouse pad repeated refresh that a problem for me at 48 % the update is I'll text 2nd time 1² h what is thisplaze fix not only me have this I'll so friends had it don't now woat problem is with the update but please fix it and compasate the mistake I lost samsting more than love with this mistake

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Quick Start: Javascript Code Example for UWP Add-In Subscription for Windows Store App

The Existing documentation for Windows.services.store class has no single JavaScript Code Example, i.e. Quick Start type example, for adding in-App Subscription Add-In
              (UWP Windows Store App HTML5, JavaScript CSS3) Could you please provide...….

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Code Sample  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow to playback HDR Video On Xbox One S/X with HDR TV

Please expose this capability to us. not just Movie&TV or Netflix Internal use.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device - Xbox  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Define new tiles for quick settings

I would like to be able to define new quick setting tiles that would interact with my app looking like the native ones, having multiple possible states (e.g. two like the location tile or more like the brightness tile).
                  An user would get notified that new quick setting tiles are available when an app publishes them and go into notification and action options to view and add them to action center.

2 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• RadioButton navigation bug when using TabFocusNavigation=Once and XYFocusKeyboardNavigation=Enabled

Arrow keys do not move between radio buttons if the containing StackPanel has TabFocusNavigation="Once". If the containing StackPanel has TabFocusNavigation="Local" (or is not set) then the arrow keys will not move back from an initial RadioButton to a preceding Button in the StackPanel.

Like this:

<StackPanel XYFocusKeyboardNavigation="Enabled" TabFocusNavigation="Once">
                    <Button Content="B1"/>
                    <Button Content="B2"/>
                    <RadioButton Content="R1" />
                    <RadioButton Content="R2" />
                    <RadioButton Content="R3" GroupName="X" />
                    <RadioButton Content="R4" GroupName="X" />
                    <RadioButton Content="R5" />
                    <Button Content="B3"/>
                    </StackPanel>

While this example includes Button as well as RadioButton, the problem is evident even if you only have RadioButton.

With TabFocusNavigation="Once", navigation gets stuck at R1. Starting with…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Issue with Scroll Bar

Hello guys,

I experienced problem with UWP ListView, particularly using ISupportIncrementalLoading interface as a datasource.

A few words about problem context:
                      In our UWP app there is a ListView, and it uses ISupportIncrementalLoading as a DataSource.
                      And while next part of data is loading, ListView is disabled.

So, the problem in that if you scroll ListView in way you catch ScrollBar and pull it to the down,
                      when you scroll to the end of the list, ListView will be disabled for some period of time (while data is loading).
                      And if you release mouse button from ScrollBar
                      while ListView is…

5 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  1 comment  ·  XAML/Controls/Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • windbg preview triage

Could you maybe make it so we can actually edit the Triage files in WinDBG Preview? Not having the ability to change ignores is program breaking.
                        I see that !triage is deprecated as a command, but the functionality needs to be there.

1 vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK - Tools + Templates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Dev Dashboard: Clicking pretty much anything reloads the entire page

As a developer, I'm always in the Dev Dashboard. Despite being built to appear as a single-page app, clicking pretty much any link in Dev Dashboard will result in an entire reload of the page, to include navigation bars and columns. This is very slow.

This behavior makes quick health checks and submissions nearly impossible. I now avoid logging in until absolutely required.

4 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Center + Microsoft Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Dev Dashboard: Can't delete (dummy) apps/games

As an early adopter of the platform, I have a number of "test" apps and/or games. I can't delete or hide them in the dashboard. This eats up screen real estate and impacts load times.

I contacted support and they can't delete them either (SRX1418420784ID)

4 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Center + Microsoft Store  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Dev Dashboard: Can’t delete customer groups, even when they’re not used anywhere

As a developer, I manage customer groups for package flighting and customer segmentation. When I'm done using a Customer Group, I cannot delete or hide it. (I also created a few test groups I can't delete in the past as part of my exploration of the dashboard.)

Unused groups eat up screen estate and impact load time of the page.

4 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide Insider builds of HoloLens Emulator (RS5)

RS5 preview has been out for a week or so, but only for real hardware. It'd be really nice to have emulator preview builds as well.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SDK - Emulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Add support do disable Xbox 360 controller Inputs on Universal Apps.

I'm currently using a controller mapper like Xpadder and JoyXoff with my Xbox 360 controller.

Everytime I open a UWP app, both Xpadder and the app recognize input thus doubling the signal.

4 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  App Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Add OriginalSource to KeyboardAcceleratorInvokedEventArgs

As an example say there is a ListBox. The ListBox is full of ListBoxItems which each contain a TextBox. The objective is to support copy/paste of ListBoxItems themselves. However, because each TextBox within the list also has copy/paste, the Keyboard Accelerator is invoked whenever you copy/paste text in the TextBox itself. This breaks the ability to copy/paste ListBoxItems and ScopeOwner is unable to help you in this case.

It seems TextBox does not use Keyboard Accelerators and therefore does not set Handled=true. Therefore, in order to handle this situation you must add OriginalSource to the KeyboardAcceleratorInvokedEventArgs. It is the only…

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Input (Mouse, Touch, Controller)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Bug in KeQueryMaximumProcessorCountEx

There is a bug when calling KeQueryMaximumProcessorCountEx(0)
                                      The bug reproduces in the following case:

The bug happens in the following situation
                                      Specific OS: Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition.
                                      Must be running as a VM.
                                      Dynamic Hardware Partitioning must be enabled (in ESX this feature is called CPU Hot-Plug).
                                      The hypervisor (ESX host) must have MORE THAN 64 CPUs (and when it has between 128 and 255 CPUs, a bluescreen is guaranteed).
                                      The guest (Win2008) must have AT MOST 64 vCPUs.

The problem seems to be, in the case of CPU hot-plugging enabled, this function confuses the fact that it needs…

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • RS4 Windows Device Portal missing features for Commercial HoloLens Suite.

The latest OS update to the HoloLens 17134 is missing key features for the Commercial Suite, such as Kiosk Mode and others.

3 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Holographic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • get list of installed fonts / system fonts

Unfortunately UWP is still missing a way to simply get a listing of fonts in the system, using C#.

Previously, before UWP, this was done via:
                                          System.Windows.Media.Fonts.SystemFontFamilies
                                          System.Windows.Media.Fonts.SystemTypefaces

It would also be useful to make a method to determine whether a particular font exists in the system (font specified by name or file name, and it should be able to tell us whether that font exists). Or at least the ability to get the listing of fonts.

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  XAML/Controls/Composition  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base