Microsoft Edge Developer

Hi, are you a web developer or designer?

“No, I just want to share feedback on Microsoft Edge.”

Please use the Feedback Hub (requires Windows 10) to submit your feedback in the Microsoft Edge category. This site is for web developer and designer feedback only. Other feedback will be closed without action.

“Yes, I’m a web developer or designer with feedback for the Microsoft Edge platform.”

Great! This site is where the Microsoft Edge team collects feature requests from the web developer and designer community in the categories listed to the right. For bugs on existing features, please log an issue on the Issue Tracker.

Your feedback will help us with planning and to better understand how web developers and designers are using the platform. Top standards-based feature requests will also be copied over to status.microsoftedge.com, where you can track its development status.

For the most actionable feedback, please search and up vote for existing suggestions before submitting a new suggestion, and create a separate suggestion per idea. Note that off topic or inappropriate suggestions may be moderated. The Microsoft Edge team will use suggestions as an important input, but there are several additional factors that inform the final roadmap.

A note from our lawyers: Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. See the Terms of Service for more information.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add more highlight colors in microsoft edge to highlight PDFs and epubs

Microsoft edge is a great tool to read PDFs and eupbs, but when it comes to highlight words you only have 4 choices, It would be great to have more

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Publish edge_embedded_browser/client/win/webview2.idl

Please publish the file edge_embedded_browser/client/win/webview2.idl or a corresponding type library.
    I intend to use the WebView2 control from another language that C++. For this I can use an idl file or a type library, but not a C++ header file.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When copying files the "from" and "to" directories should be shown in the copying tool. In case of copying Multiple directories - problem

When copying files "from" and "to" directories should be shown in the copying tool in Windows 10. In case of copying Multiple directories, this becomes a nuisance since we can't tell which directory failed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please remove me from fill in forms!

It did not work for me. It over wrote my Name, Address and phone #.
    Thank you.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. FIX YOUR GD EDGE WEBDRIVER (Incorrect XPath behavior for partial @class matches)

Were the below two issues ever fixed and if so, where they fixed in the Edge Driver which corresponds to the Edge Browser version 15063? If not, which version were these fixes applied to? Critical.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/4696709/
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/8516233/

Side Note: Spent too much time just trying how to submit an issue because every time I tried to 'Open an issue' in the developer.microsoft.com site, I received a message that Azure accounts were not supported at this time it would then not give me a chance to try to use another account (only allow me to create new account). Trying to figure…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Log a message when a site is only supporting TLS 1.0 or 1.1

Migrated from Edge Bug report: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/platform/issues/21312153/

It would be nice if Edge DevTools could log a message for sites that are running on TLS 1.0 or 1.1.

As we get closer to disabling TLS 1.0 and 1.1, we should log a message to the console for sites that do not speak TLS 1.2 (or 1.3), and link to a useful resource, perhaps https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/2018/10/15/modernizing-tls-edge-ie11/, and better docs in the future as we have them.

We just landed a similar thing in Firefox Nightly, see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1512505, the message we ended up with was: "This site uses a deprecated version…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. .Net Bindings library for Edge -Chromium

Can you provide a .Net Bindings library for Chromium to use it in .Net Core desktop cross-platform applications? (Win, Mac, Linux)
    or a library to embed the Chromium-based Edge in our applications as the old webbrowser control?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Remove it from my computer!!!

Remove it from my computer!!! Ask next time before putting it on there.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Read map files for (minified) compiled scss or sass styles

Currently .map files are ignored and only the css file is shown in Elements. For a web designer this is quite useless as it is paramount to see the original scss files

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. include browser version in user agent string

Microsoft Edge on windows does not include the version of the browser but only the version of layout engine:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/18.17763

The version should be 44.17763.1.0, since 18.17763 is the version of layout engine

I suggest something like:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/44.17763.1.0 (EdgeHTML 18.17763)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Developer Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Emulation: Support emulation of popular iOS and Android devices

Our customers have an environment where most laptops run Windows 10 but most company phones are iPhones. Those who sport tablets have iPads and occasionally Android tablets. When developing for this device environment we have to consider emulation and only use real devices when testing. We are trying hard to adopt Edge as a development browser but with the current developer tools emulation only having Windows Phone devices out of the box our guys have to resort to custom configurations. Considering the market share of Windows Phone devices versus the market share of Android and iOS devices it doesn't make…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option for ACTUAL request payload

The old version of this tool showed me the actual payload string but now shows the key/val pairs broken down and sorted alphabetically. This isn't useful for me any more. Please include an option to show the ACTUAL payload string as is built and sent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable Migration of Password from Firefox/Chrome or at least via a XML file into Edge

Enable Migration of Password from Firefox/Chrome or at least via a XML file into Edge. Chrome/Firefox lets you export the password to a XML File and this can be used to import the same into Edge. This is the main thing that is keeping me away from using Edge.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We updated our system at work to Windows 10. At work we have the option of using old Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. because one of our software

Recently at work we upgraded to Windows 10. We still have the option of using Windows 8.1. Reason being our Software System that is pertinent to our business only works well with 8.1. There is another issue that I have found with Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 when using simultaneously. In Windows 8.1 when you click on a link to a webinar, a video, or fill out a form or application where you have to hit a submit button to send. There are many applications that will not work by clicking on the link you have to open Microsoft Edge…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. view localStorage quota from webpages

Because there was a bug in Edge, I was not able to save more than 50-100kb of data in the localStorage (on every webpage/domain!).
    It was impossible for me to find out why and finished to reset completely the Edge app. So I lost all my cookies, passwords and so on.

Never found out why Edge had this problem and I am sure other people are leaving Edge for similar problems. Maybe it would be nice to see why my localStorage was limited to 50kb. Maybe a domain used 100MB and then no other was able to save data anymore…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show window size when resizing

This feature would show the current size of the Page (innerHeight and innerWidth) in a small label drawn in F12 as Edge is resized. The dimensions in the label would update as the Edge window is resized.

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow developers to add privateNetworkClientServer to Edge

Testing Edge on localhost can sometimes be a pain. Especially when we load resources from CDNs (like our own). In a mixed localhost / cdn Environment one will always see "This Internet Explorer instance does not have privateNetworkClientServer capabilities", which is a) misleading, since i'm using edge, not IE and is frustrating, since there is no internal Workaround. Fiddler allows me to remap mylocalhost to localhost, which solves the Problem, but I - as a developer - would like to just use it for development, as I do with all my other Browsers.

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do not close F12 Dev Tool window on site load and redirects

The F12 window gets closed when opening a website or during auth redirect, which makes it impossible to debug auth failures and JS errors happening during website initialization.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base