How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

1,270 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mathias Bynens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cameron Martens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since no one has actually stated it on this page, I'm going to point it out for the benefit of everyone who isn't reading the explanation link:
    This is a security problem which currently requires an Edge-specific workaround. (Other browsers have had this fix implemented for 2+ years already, and it's just the Microsoft browsers that require a workaround) The fact that a simple fix like this takes so long to get traction is unfortunate.

• Hitesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, give support for rel="noopener" in IE11 and Edge browser. We need it so much.

• dev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess this is one of the many reasons why devs encourage their users to download anything but Edge...

• lester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Srsly, it's been nearly 2 years since this was suggested... considering the ratio of bang to buck here, there's no valid excuse for this not being implemented yet.

• Gerteb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If not implemented i will no longer support edge in my javascript develeopment!! Way too risky if your webapp includes security, e2e encryption and dynamic content creation!!!

• Alice Wonder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implement this. I frequently use _blank as a target because my content often sites other sources the viewer may wish to skim without losing their place in my content, and I was rather shocked to find out the behaviour this attribute adds isn't the default. This is important.

Feedback and Knowledge Base