How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

At least allow Norton extensions

Allow Norton extensions

607 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

228 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not happy about the fact that windows edge does not allow extentions for from Norton , this would make me very happy if they did so I can feel secure while on the internet

Make it compatible with Norton Family please!!!! How am I supposed to protect my family from gross websites when I can't block them on Edge? And with Edge so deeply embedded into the operating system, I can't remove the browser. It's a serious flaw and I expect a simple solution soon to allow Norton to run. This should be a priority!!!

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you need to allow Norton extensions etc with Edge. a lot of us use Norton's products. for now I guess I will stick with firefox and explorer.

I hope that microsoft are going to let Norton Utilities and security to be allowed to support Edge and windows 10 mail

Please get Norton extensions working in Edge as smoothly as they work in Chrome because I really would like to switch my default browser from Chrome to Edge. My Norton Identity Safe extension does install in Chrome, but it's behavior is really quite clunky and not worth fooling with. Please fix this ASAP!
        Thanks!
        Kenn McDermott
        LT, USN (Ret)
        Submarine Qualified

Microsoft needs to allow Norton extensions. If I must use Edge rather than Explorer, then I need to know that I have adequate security. Thank you.

I have been a Norton user for thirty years but may have to switch if you can not support MS Edge.

We need a Windows 10 update to enable Symantec's Norton Internet Security extension to run on Win 10 -been waiting 1 year already - time to get this fixed guys!

I have been using norton since I purchased my first computer and that was along time ago since it does not work with edge I have tuned it off . That is not a reflection of what I think of edge it is simply A reflection of my age and understanding of computers which I would gues that I am not the only one of my generation the so sooner norton can be used with edge the better for us old fellows

I like your new browser but with all the attacks out there i am afraid to use it without the Norton Protection insert. Are there plans to allow for the Norton Extension??

I do not understand how it is Mircosoft's best interest to prevent Anti-virus application extensions with Edge. Internet Explorer was my preferred browser, and I would probably use Edge if it allowed me to utilize other software that I have already pay for.

When is Microsoft going to grow up and permit Norton functionality on the edge browser. It looks reasonable but until it supports extensions from Norton, I like many other will not be using it.

• Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just updated my parents’ laptop to Windows 10 and Edge and was EXTREMELY surprised to see Edge won’t allow support from Norton Security for which we have a 3 year subscription. Ridiculous! Please get this remedied ASAP - Norton isn’t exactly a fly-by-night company.

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Norton extensions needs to be allowed so that I can protect my children with Norton Family Safety. why is this taking so ridiculously long?!?!?!

• Noel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due to my security concerns I will not be using MS Edge until it allows for the Norton security extensions that I currently use in Explorer and Chrome. Kindly allow this upgrade as soon as possible.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base