How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Downloads API support for extensions

Missing Downloads API support is not good. I wanted to port my extension but it relies on basic downloads API missing in Edge.

7,102 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nikita shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

755 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Barry L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure how I got here?... I was downloading acompletely different file / software when a popup occured and stated " Download Helper Edge" had been installed... I did not initate this install...

• Bruce Zavesky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What versions of HTML are you complaint with. No homebrewed ****. Offer it to a standards body or become a fossil. I know lots of songs about dinosaurs but you won't be listening on an iTurd or Zune. I am too Zen for that noise...

HTML no extend, just embrace, or be extinguished. I know many ways to put out a fire. Seattle is well know for it...

Edge sucks, it is far from finished. Either put IE down or live in limbo as Chrome and Firefox take over. Microsoft in now the underdog and Apple is top dog. It is like in a certain paraphrase of a Batman movie... "Live long enough as the hero then you may die as the villain."

• Robert Guiles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know very little about computers...so i tend to gravitate to things that make life easy for me..video downloader is just that easy.... very easy for me to have a video of things i find funny or things i want to be part of my life again later..

• Pete Senser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the Video Download Helper in Mozilla's Firefox browser to capture videos and I recently started using the Microsoft Edge browser, but can't use the Video Download Helper in Microsoft Edge because it's missing Downloads API support. I wanted to port my Video Download Helper extension but can't because it relies on the basic Downloads API that's missing in Microsoft Edge.

• Barry Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it easier for good, trusted, efficient add ons like Video Download Helper to be included in your browser.

• Dan Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using the Video Download Helper to capture Face Book content from great-grandchildren and I have to use Fire Fox Mozilla browser or Chrome for this purpose. I would like to use Microsoft software when possible or Available.

• Hilton Bullard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your lack of such important tools is why I prefer not to use Microsoft Edge. I wouldn't mind if you added the save URL to desktop, like Internet Explorer either.

• Nikita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a basic API should be added at the start of the development of extension platform. Please, add browser.downloads API to Edge

1 2 34 35 36 38 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base