How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Support browser_url_overrides to allow customized net tab page, etc. (since users can't set their own choice of new tab page...)

Edge currently offers very few options for controlling the new tab experience, and the ones it does have are... not popular, judging by the Windows Insider feedback. Allowing extensions to override things like New Tab page would simultaneously address this concern and allow more Chrome extensions to be ported, making Edge a much nicer browser to use.

641 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Angelo-James Insaidoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edge has been great but Momentum has played a big part in how I use my pc. Having it on Edge would more likely encourage me to recommend edge to other users.

• Radu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow momentum please..switched to edge today when I got a new windows and I don't wanna go back to chrome but I might have to

• Neal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow Momentum extension. I agree with the others the inability to use momentum makes edge difficult for me to use.

• NotAnnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Straight up, I will not be switching to Edge till they allow extensions like Momentum. Microsoft, please fix this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am retrying Edge as my default but not supporting Momentum is a big check on the no side. Please update

• Tilak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bringing Momentum to Microsoft Edge will be very ideal for a better experience to the user. Thank you for your consideration.

• Cory B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of the main reasons MS Edge is NOT my default browser is because you won't allow me to use Momentum on it. If you want more customers, you need to allow us to customize our experience.

• Jonathan Schmold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another supporter for allowing new-tab extensions. A significant reason I like Chrome is because of Momentum. It's a terrific mood-setter for the day, and having Momentum would definitely cause me to switch over to Edge as a primary driver.

• Asselin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Momentum and similar extensions should be available on Microsoft edge browser.

• Jek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop forcing people to use the bing home page, it does not help the activity of bing and it only prevents you from gaining more users. Please allow developers to have more freedom with extensions.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base