How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Support browser_url_overrides to allow customized net tab page, etc. (since users can't set their own choice of new tab page...)

Edge currently offers very few options for controlling the new tab experience, and the ones it does have are... not popular, judging by the Windows Insider feedback. Allowing extensions to override things like New Tab page would simultaneously address this concern and allow more Chrome extensions to be ported, making Edge a much nicer browser to use.

870 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for god's sake please just allow edge to modify tabs. Edge has been my favourite browser. but one thing it lacks: MOMENTUM!

• Phill Burns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've quite fallen for Edge as my browser of choice but the lack of the mesmerisingly useful Momentum is th eonly thing preventing me from setting it as a default.

• Glory Mae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please... I am one of those who wants a Momentum Dash extension for Microsoft edge browser... Please please please, make it happen. I had loved using Momentum in my Chrome browser and I'd really love to continue using it on Edge. <3

• Caitlin T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first thing I went to do on my new laptop was install chrome as a web browser. Since its my first time using windows 10, when I opened Edge, there was a very impressive tips and tutorial section that convinced me to use this instead - and I even thought about downloading it for my andriod phone. But the new tab and home pages options are terrible! Other users have mentioned momentum - allowing this or other extensions (perhaps made by microsoft?) to override the home page would have kept me using this browser but I dont want to look at the blocky news suggestions you offer every day. So after this I'm off to download a different browser with sadness in my heart.

• Manny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have Momentum (or you to allow extensions IN GENERAL) for Edge. Microsoft is proud to be different, innovative, creative, and help all users be productive. I wish extensions weren't blocked, especially this one as I loved having it on my Chromebook.

• SC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason I don't use edge is because I can't use Momentum and other apps on it. But I'd prefer to use Edge, so please fix this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base