How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Support browser_url_overrides to allow customized net tab page, etc. (since users can't set their own choice of new tab page...)

Edge currently offers very few options for controlling the new tab experience, and the ones it does have are... not popular, judging by the Windows Insider feedback. Allowing extensions to override things like New Tab page would simultaneously address this concern and allow more Chrome extensions to be ported, making Edge a much nicer browser to use.

409 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Edge is great and I love using it when it comes to doing my work, but Momentum is so important in my life as it helps me to keep in tracks of what I need and get all of my work done in time that I actually had to stop using Edge because I can't have Momentum on my New Tab. Momentum To Do list helps me execute my work nicely but without it in Edge, I would just have to use Google Chrome.

momentum dash is not on edge. so i have to use google's chrome instead of microsoft's edge. pls pls pls pls allow it.

• Greg Hicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was having some trouble logging into a few of my sites recently with Chrome so tried Edge to see if it was the sites or my browser and Edge logged in and worked flawlessly. Now I am noticing some nice features of Edge (and it seems to be quite quick to boot) that have me using it more and more. The Momentum extension would be just one more feather in the cap allowing me to switch more permanently.

Please allow the extension of Momentum on Microsoft Edge! Instead I am using Chrome which is allows for more applications. I prefer Edge for a number of reasons such as speed and usability, however with limitations on apps such as Momentum I will continue to use Chrome.

• juergen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

momentum dash is not on edge. so i have to use google's chrome instead of microsoft's edge. what do you think about it? so pls. allow this extension!

• Joe Pecinovsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a momentum dash user and can only use it on chrome. I'd much rather be using edge daily instead of chrome, there are several things about edge that I really enjoy over chrome and prefer Microsoft over Google. This is the only problem I'm having since Momentum helps organize my time and life. Edge needs to approve the override for this extension

• Kamal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the momentum extension. The New tab experience on edge isn't great - too messy.

• Renee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only reason why I keep using Google Chrome is because of Momentum. If there was a Momentum extension for Microsoft Edge, I would switch over in a heartbeat!!

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The momentum dashboard is one of the best extensions I have used, like others have mentioned I won't use Edge as my default browser until I can use Momentum on it. Hope this can be included in the near future. Thanks.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base