How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Support browser_url_overrides to allow customized net tab page, etc. (since users can't set their own choice of new tab page...)

Edge currently offers very few options for controlling the new tab experience, and the ones it does have are... not popular, judging by the Windows Insider feedback. Allowing extensions to override things like New Tab page would simultaneously address this concern and allow more Chrome extensions to be ported, making Edge a much nicer browser to use.

964 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

111 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Darrell Vandergrifft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. Momentum is so much easier to use as a landing page. It says hello to me using my name, and hides the links that I don't want to see all day long. Edge's default page is blocky and doesn't really allow for good customization. For instance, I don't need, or want, news on my landing page. I don't want to look at blocky links every time I land, especially since they hide the one good feature: the pictures in the background.

• Aryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+3 Momentum for Edge, I've been loving how smooth the scrolling is on Edge and how fluid the experience is with Windows Precision trackpad drivers. I would switch from chrome completely if there was better google integration too because Bing is a failure like windows phone.

• Soham Trivedi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for momentum edge. Bring momentum to edge, introduce better google integration and i will dump chrome. already love the new edge

• E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please add this feature. It's ridiculous not to have it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for god's sake please just allow edge to modify tabs. Edge has been my favourite browser. but one thing it lacks: MOMENTUM!

• Phill Burns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've quite fallen for Edge as my browser of choice but the lack of the mesmerisingly useful Momentum is th eonly thing preventing me from setting it as a default.

• Glory Mae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please... I am one of those who wants a Momentum Dash extension for Microsoft edge browser... Please please please, make it happen. I had loved using Momentum in my Chrome browser and I'd really love to continue using it on Edge. <3

• Caitlin T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first thing I went to do on my new laptop was install chrome as a web browser. Since its my first time using windows 10, when I opened Edge, there was a very impressive tips and tutorial section that convinced me to use this instead - and I even thought about downloading it for my andriod phone. But the new tab and home pages options are terrible! Other users have mentioned momentum - allowing this or other extensions (perhaps made by microsoft?) to override the home page would have kept me using this browser but I dont want to look at the blocky news suggestions you offer every day. So after this I'm off to download a different browser with sadness in my heart.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base