How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Support browser_url_overrides to allow customized net tab page, etc. (since users can't set their own choice of new tab page...)

Edge currently offers very few options for controlling the new tab experience, and the ones it does have are... not popular, judging by the Windows Insider feedback. Allowing extensions to override things like New Tab page would simultaneously address this concern and allow more Chrome extensions to be ported, making Edge a much nicer browser to use.

793 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris H shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The main reason I don't use edge is because I can't use Momentum and other apps on it. But I'd prefer to use Edge, so please fix this.

• Lonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love Momentum! Please make available. Otherwise I stick to Chrome.

• Annie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow the Momentum Extension. It's something that's been on my other computer for 3 years

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this so that the Momentum extension can come to Edge.

• Rohit SIngh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why don't you allow momentum extension to run on edge...now coz of this,I will be forced to install chrome browser after resetting my PC...basically u people force ur customers to run away and start using google apps...as u did with nokia...now u r doin the same with ur browser and other Microsoft systems...first of all the windows media player cant run half of the vidoes...so we r forced 2 install VLC player...then ur photos app takes 30 seconds to open a single photo...so we r forced to install either picasa or some other app...

• Аким commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Добавьте возможность управлять tab page! Я хотел перейти с chrome на edge, но отсутствие возможности изменять главный экран, заставило меня остаться на chrome

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one of the only reasons i use chrome now is because it runs momentum. quite silly of them to not have it as judging by these other comments too there are a lot of users they are missing out on

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base