How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Custom Elements

Method for registering (creating) custom elements in script.

Spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/custom-elements/

10,352 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan Sampson [MSFT] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • 01es commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are many Enterprises that are Microsoft "houses" and heavily rely on the Microsoft infrastructure, including Microsoft Edge. Delivering true Web-based Enterprise solutions simply demands a support for Custom Elements.

Godspeed!

• Templarian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really hoping the "Backlog" status is just an oversight and they have internally started on this. This definitely seems like something that should be in progress with the amount of interest.

• Andreas Galster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same, I've just decided to remove the webcomponents polyfills and not support Edge. It's not worth it to load 70kb extra for 5% of all users. The status of your two webcomponents votes are probably the biggest fuckups you guys have ever made ever since IE got cancelled.

Really disappointed with Edge. I really had high hopes in the browser but this is just sad how you handled the entire communication.

• ian sharp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I built a website that works on every browser (except edge) because it uses custom elements. I refuse to re-build a 'different page' for edge users.

• Oeno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have a new update for goodness sake? The last update was in 2015.

• Yordis Prieto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Firefox is go to go under a flag and here we go waiting for you :( #DealWithIt

I am wondering how you could sleep everyday when your job is to delay everyone in the internet on propose. How could you feel good working on Microsoft and specially on the Browsers teams.

When will be the time when your team change for the good of the majority which I am pretty sure you will benefit from it.

But, it's what it's, here we sit waiting for somebody to decide he/she has a good moon for put this on priority. It doesn't even matter the votes ....

Thank you Browser teams, you rock!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base