How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Media Recorder

Encode audio and video streams in the browser.

Spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/mediastream-recording/

459 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan Sampson [MSFT]Jonathan Sampson [MSFT] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of those features that is causing us to redirect users of our software to download and use chrome or firefox. Flash recording just doesn't cut it anymore.

This would be very beneficial for students. My school uses a site to access the recording device which captures the lectures. The videos on that site don't seem to work on edge and when they do, the rendering is extremely poor. This would be very helpful.

This feature would be great. Enterprise users would not be forced anymore to use Firefox ESR or Chrome browsers.

This is a real killer feature with many potential uses, far more useful than other features in terms of possibilities. For Edge I think it is a real opportunity to show you are a modern browser. Safari is going to be the hated browser then and will be vilified like poor old IE has for so long. Keep Edge modern and leave behind the reputation IE got for itself.

Great idea and it is very important to me and should provide a feature which should be well received by the public.

Currently we have to direct users to download Chrome to record video and audio. We prefer to keep them within Edge if you support MediaRecord API.

This is absolutely essential to ditch Flash. This is literally the one remaining feature preventing our site from abandoning Flash entire, and we would *love* to ditch Flash.

• Jim LowreyJim Lowrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Please :-)

We currently have an app that can record audio and video in both Firefox and Chrome. We'd love to be able to do the same in Edge.

thanks

• VictorVictor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature. I would love to have the ability to capture audio and video from the browser and save it to my computer.

Feedback and Knowledge Base