How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

mix-blend-mode

Provides a way to blend an HTML or SVG element with its backdrop.

Spec: http://dev.w3.org/fxtf/compositing-1/

1,993 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan Sampson [MSFT] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long this feature still needs to be in the backlog for? About time to seriously catch up with other browsers

• dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Half way through 2017 and still no mix-blend-mode? Please implement this.

• Matt Smart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Again, what the **** are you playing at Microsoft? Why do I keep finding great new features only to find that Microsoft have essentially failed again? I thought we have gotten over IE being the laughing stock of the Web Developer community and now we see the same issues with Edge? What Edge is it you have anyway? The outer edge of usefulness?

• Алексей Мичник commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So.. "Under considiration" for how many years already? It's just fantastic, how Microsoft is trying to state his Edge browser as "modern", but keeps it 2 or 3 years behind really modern browsers. We actually see repeating of IE story, and we know where IE is now. Same future for the Edge, isn't it?

• Anand S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having to ask our corporate clients not to use Edge and use Chrome instead. Lack of mix-blend-mode is a big reason for this.

• Sebastian Heit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought Edge was a «modern» browser, but it seems that's not the case. Good job, Microsoft, as always.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on guys, please support this.. how long does it take, all other browsers have it??

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base