How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Server-Sent Events (EventSource)

Enables push notifications from the server received as DOM events.

http://dev.w3.org/html5/eventsource/

6,661 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan Sampson [MSFT] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

127 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know whether I should throw "old folks" using IE11 and Edge under the bus or HTTP/2 since my application requires bi-directional communication!

Great work Microsoft - when you are not committed to building a good browser, please don't ship one and lead "windows people" astray!

• Veenaay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed windows 10 on mac. Enjoyed edge browser for 2 days. Then I found out that it don't support SSE which one of site which I used vastly needs. So I need to install chorme now which I did not want earlier. Please update edge and support SSE asap so we can use edge as primary browser.

• Pinox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS, can u at least update your comments regarding this or is it still under review from 2015 ??

• Teo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you don't have the resources to develop a browser then don't !
        Stop forcing people to use a car without ABS/ ESP and other crucial systems supported by other vendors

• Karol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are people even using your browsers at this point is beyond me. You are literally holding back and sabotaging the web by being the only browser with a closed source engine so that we can't fix your missing features and you don't develop it yourselves making the web miss many important features. This is just sad.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft why haven't you implemented Server Sent Events ? You might wonder why to implement it when Websockets is already supported , Well its about to be efficient, one way communication needs less power and Devices will not run out of batteries.
        Besides it is an HTML5 standar from years !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        If you are not in the mood to implement this feature, please use some good polyfill at least.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How are we supposed to have nice looking and responsive web-applications with realtime dashboards and feeds ON HTTP/2 without proper support for SSE?

i know the workarounds and fallbacks, but they just put unnecessery stress on our bandwith and batteries.

And did i mention a decrease of productive development time, by maintaining workarounds and hacks

• Bob Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh good grief Microsoft, give me a break. Pushing edge down our mouths in all the windows updates. Then this! Why for the love of God do you guys not have SSE? FFS! We have to tell all our customers to log into our web app with anything else. So broken.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base