How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

JavaScript Browser Extensions

A JavaScript extensions-model similar to other modern browsers.

2,414 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan Sampson [MSFT]Jonathan Sampson [MSFT] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Ashik Ahammed (AFR)Ashik Ahammed (AFR) shared a merged idea: More beloved of all for microsoft edge.  ·   · 
    felipefelipe shared a merged idea: Adblock  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: adblock !!!  ·   · 
    Gail JurczykGail Jurczyk shared a merged idea: Allow ad Adblocker add-on as Chrome does.  ·   · 
    kRelkRel shared a merged idea: Add ad-blocker and add abilty to drag current link on desktop  ·   · 
    HaykHayk shared a merged idea: why adblock is not working for Edge?  ·   · 
    Firman R.LFirman R.L shared a merged idea: How to full page screen shoot in Edge Browser ? example Firefox Plugins is Awesome Screenshot  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Embedded Adobe Reader Toolbar  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: let me use my google tool bar  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: What about extensions that you have to have for work or Roboform  ·   · 
    JulianJulian shared a merged idea: Please add extension support,  ·   · 
    Pham LamPham Lam shared a merged idea: function allows the utility to load the extension of third party  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: we want adblockplus support in IE more better.  ·   · 
    BekhruzbekBekhruzbek shared a merged idea: Add extentions  ·   · 
    David JebaDavid Jeba shared a merged idea: HTML5 APPS, EXTENSIONS PLEASE  ·   · 
    Clark Richards AlesnaClark Richards Alesna shared a merged idea: C# / Javascript Extension support  ·   · 
    Sergey ButkoSergey Butko shared a merged idea: Extensions Store  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow making IE add-ons like other modern browsers  ·   · 

37 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want my search bar on top like I do with google chrome, or I'll switch back to google!

• UncltoddUncltodd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally bit the bullet and bought a new Lenovo laptop with Win10. Fell in love with AdBlock Plus on my old Win7 machine, looking forward to the new version! So far Win10 does not reek, just arrogant and nosy as ****. (arrived yesterday)

My latest copy of Which? magazine, tells me that AdBlockPlus is available for Windows 10, so why cant I use it on my computer with edge and windows 10?

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know ads help you make the money required to make being in business worthwhile and they fund the development of new products. However, as someone in recovery, several of those adds call to me to fail. They are no different to those of us in recovery as if you were running ads for heroin, prostitution or if some of your ads were trying to convinced those with chronic depression that suicide might end their pain. Please give us the choice to use tools like AdBlock Plus for our continued survival, health and well-being.

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

to many adds that load before you can see site you are on. To much buffering.

You can allow ad blockers for one, and when people are using the Microsoft Web Outlook app, they should be able to attach to an email, you cannot of course with Windows 10.

This is the worst product ever!

• Edd Tony WEdd Tony W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

allow AdBlock and AdBlock Plus and gain some users, Microsoft! Get with the program and serve your user customers....

• PetePete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use a different platform that supports Adblock Plus. Only if and when I can rid "Edge" of adverts will I use Microsoft Edge. Take it or leave it, Microsoft.

• Ashik Ahammed (AFR)Ashik Ahammed (AFR) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah now i can say something about Microsoft edge browser,Addons very important for a browser but now we can't add addons to Microsoft edge.

• DenisDenis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about developers who want to create their own extensions ? When will development details be available ?

• MLJMLJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS, Like Google and Facebook, DO NOT WANT USERS disabling ADVERTIZING AND POPUPS! - ***** the owner of MS-10 and FORCE ads down their throat! - So much for customer concerns. / I'm actively looking for a replacement for ALL my M.S. software

• Лариса ГерасимоваЛариса Герасимова commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Браузер Edge просто отвратительный!!! Не возможно избавиться от назойливой рекламы, блокираторы рекламы не поддерживаются, открытие сайтов это просто тормоз!!!

Microsoft Edge преподнесён как самый лучший, а на самом деле сплошные зависания плюс реклама, от которой невозможно избавиться!!!! Это очень плохо!!!

• Jim T.Jim T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see the chrome extensions API supported in Edge, similar to what Firefox is working on and Opera already does.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base