How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Update CSS Grid

Update the IE implementation of Grid Layout to match the current spec. The current implementation from the IE 10 days is outdated.

8,734 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mnsth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

228 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just updated windows 10, therefore Edge was updated too, and found that is now rendering the GRID perfect, which I just love it, big Thanks!!, I was feeling so frustrated about the issue.

What a headache microsoft edge and internet explorer is giving me with the grid.

• Simon Parker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be in IE. I have many customers using IE on Windows 7, and I cannot abandon them. The alternative is to request they moved to Firefox or Chrome. That doesn't sound like the best outcome for Microsoft.

• Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE support CSS Grid as all other modern browsers are already doing. It is an important CSS feature that will make development easier for everyone. Thank you!

Update the IE implementation of Grid Layout to match the current spec. The current implementation from the IE 10 days is outdated.

• Mark Juras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Based on the request saying IE and the comments here, this work should not be marked complete until IE is patched. I find this being marked as completed blocks the vote.

• Sandro Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news...well, almost!
        Thanks for the effort, but this awesome feature sadly gets useless as long as we have to support legacy IE.

Even with a progressive strategy we still have to support at least IE11 for a significant period of time. Especially concerning B2B

So when NOT patching/updating implementation at least in IE11 it is like building a car with square wheels...

• SvenV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue said IE, although making it work in Edge is nice too, it still would make work a lot better if it were implemented in IE.

• Darren Hurt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need you to implement this for IE as well else it is next to useless to me.
        I suspect that many software companies/developers feel the same about this point...

• Heechan Jeong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Grid Css New Spec Fully Implemented Urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

including repeat( , ) grid-gap etc.

Same Care needed for IE11, 10

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

Feedback and Knowledge Base