How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Update CSS Grid

Update the IE implementation of Grid Layout to match the current spec. The current implementation from the IE 10 days is outdated.

8,737 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mnsthmnsth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

217 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark JurasMark Juras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Based on the request saying IE and the comments here, this work should not be marked complete until IE is patched. I find this being marked as completed blocks the vote.

• Sandro WagnerSandro Wagner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great news...well, almost!
        Thanks for the effort, but this awesome feature sadly gets useless as long as we have to support legacy IE.

Even with a progressive strategy we still have to support at least IE11 for a significant period of time. Especially concerning B2B

So when NOT patching/updating implementation at least in IE11 it is like building a car with square wheels...

• SvenVSvenV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The issue said IE, although making it work in Edge is nice too, it still would make work a lot better if it were implemented in IE.

• Darren HurtDarren Hurt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need you to implement this for IE as well else it is next to useless to me.
        I suspect that many software companies/developers feel the same about this point...

• Heechan JeongHeechan Jeong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Grid Css New Spec Fully Implemented Urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

including repeat( , ) grid-gap etc.

Same Care needed for IE11, 10

• Monique WardMonique Ward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We NEED CSS Grid support in IE!!!!!!! And throw in object-fit while you're at it. It's extremely helpful to have this layout feature but we can barely use it due to lack of support in IE which we still are obligated to support. Please STOP holding us back! If IE cannot keep up with these new features, on behalf of all web developers, I say GET OUT OF THE WAY! You keep us from doing all the cool things we want to do. Stop shipping IE browsers on Windows, I'm sure everyone would be okay using Chrome, Firefox or any other modern browser.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote this gets added like asap, and really find some way to get it into IE... I know IE isnt being updated, but stupid IE holding back web dev is the reason why we are where we are, and I wont even give edge a second look today for my own use. IE made my life a living ****, and I've got no reason to believe edge is going to do otherwise

• CGarveyCGarvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will v16 of Edge be accomplished? Many of my clients like Edge, but NOT having the CSS Grid capability has been a MAJOR failure by MS. I have lost clients that I could not convince to move to other browsers. This is a disappointing!

• Mikkel Wøldike BreumMikkel Wøldike Breum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're building a new site for a large University in Sweden and now we'll have to calculate a ton of extra effort hacking and testing on IE implementations just to use CSS GRID. Please MS, could you just implement support for this.

• Martine MoeykensMartine Moeykens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who are we? Students and teachers trying out the grid
        What do we want? The current CSS Grid spec to work the same in Edge and IE11
        When do we want it? As soon as you can Microsoft!!
        What do we say? Thanks for listening to us

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

Feedback and Knowledge Base