How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Update CSS Grid

Update the IE implementation of Grid Layout to match the current spec. The current implementation from the IE 10 days is outdated.

8,726 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mnsth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

258 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Spenser Peiffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft. Please...Please for the love of all that is good and holy...add IE11 support for CSS-grid. If you do I swear I will strip down to my undies, cover myself in Country Crock Margarine, and sing Yankee Doodle while bowing to a framed picture of Bill Gates. You have my word. Balls in your court now.

• Paulo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please, add support to IE11, currently we're asking our users not to use IE11 only because of the absence of grid support (autoprefixer helps, but not in all the cases) Thank you!

• Long John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Grid should be in IE11, not only Edge.
        4 lines of css-code it takes to have a responsive-website in other browsers
        Another 40, or implementing an extensive framework, to make a quirky version of the website which almost works in IE11
        IE11 is `supported` unti 2020(released late 2013), why is it still using 2011's W3C specifications?

• Tomaz, Osvaldo Neto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We all need suport CSS Grid from Edge, Edge is my main browser and I like it very much but now I am using Firefox Developer Edition because of Grid Things ... We are asking from the Microsoft Team improving the Edge with CSS Grid now to get advantage in that thing because CSS Grid is one of the best part of CSS now and in future ... It's time ...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base