How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

2,269 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use Enscape 3D which can save models to be viewed in a browser. I need WebGL for this. So far I have to use Chrome or Firefox, but many clients have stock Windows 10 so Edge support would really help.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My browser feels crippled without WebGL 2.0. Please integrate this feature in it already cause folks can't do without anymore. All the other browsers already support it, naturally you should be ahead of the others or at least equal, so I don't understand what is keeping you from integrating this already.

• cg199082 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if microsoft worried about webgl will threaten microsoft pc software environment. I will say you are right, but what you done is really tardy. Lightweight application has bigger future. webassembly,websoket,Storage,Web Workers,Webgl all that new specifications indicate web application will have a good future sooner or later, It's just a matter of time. so who hugs these web trends earlier, they will hold the advantage. hope microsoft can realize this.

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WebGPU is a long way off and like others have stated; on advanced features like webgl 2.0 Microsoft should be at par if not ahead of others. We shouldn't have to back peddle or tell users to go to another browser. You have it supported on android and apple phones and they are other OSs. Surely you can have your own OS supported.

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely should be pushed forward to get WebGL 2.0 in Edge... This is a powerful tool for web development and shouldn't be stuck in a catch up mode. MS should move this forward and into implementation. It's more than nerve racking to tell a client "Yes you can do that but not in Edge.. You need to use Chrome or Firefox."

• cg199082 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Babylon.js v3.2 is already support part of webgl2.0 functions,is that indicates some webgl2.0 functions is necessary ? so why not just support it ? the progress of gpuweb draft is so slow and time-consuming,cannot count on it.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need those FBO's available for everyone, not by extension, but natively. Please. Please. Please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't make this another "IE6"-style disaster where everyone is doing weird fallbacks just for edge. Seriously. It's getting mid 2018 and there is still not a sign from the developers.

Just sad.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base