How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

add support for the 'form' attribute

http://www.impressivewebs.com/html5-form-attribute/
would be nice to use that feature, IE seems to be the only browser without support for it :)

1,845 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joey SchooleyJoey Schooley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft should have a higher priority on this. Enabling the form attribute would allow the .NET MVC framework to develop a compatibility layer within a WebForms app.

• DustinDustin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just had a design that I am trying to implement that this would have made things infinitely easier for me, but nope. I guess I need to talk to the designer about this.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable this hasn't shipped yet.
        Can't image it would take more than a few days to implement this...

• BurakUedaBurakUeda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Technology just isn't there yet. (Edge dev.)

- Thank you for taking time to post your issues on uservoice. We value your feedback! As for your issue; 1) Uninstall all the recently installed software. 2) if step 1 didn't solve your problem, please format your harddrive and reinstall Windows and get back to us with th result. Best regards (A random MVP)

• aaaa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey can I know if there is any progress with this? Seems like the priority should be higher.

• Chris SChris S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please prioritise this. I don’t get how in 2016 this is seen as ‘medium’ priority.

It’s high-impact (solves so many web app layout issues), a glaring incompatibility with other browsers, and (compared to other features) easy to implement.

• Matthias KurzMatthias Kurz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note:
        IE/Edge is the ONLY browser left to not support this attribute since more than FIVE years.
        The last major browser to implement this feature was Apple's Safari with version 5.1 which was released in July 2011.

Microsoft, don't you think it would be time to keep up?

• joejoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What MS touches ruins it.
        Look at skype: worked perfectly on old and recent computers until MS has purchased it: now if you want make it work you need to buy a recent computer even if your old one still works perfectly or you lose skype usability, de facto losing skype account, contacts etc.

The same is with internet standards: MS frequently doesn't follow common standards them throwing web developers into panic when they have to make their web pages work into MS browsers.

What to say: from a while I'm evaluating to pass to linux or mac and this is the right moment it is going to happen but I never pass to win8 or win10 never!

Until they learn respect of people MS sucks .

• Matthias KurzMatthias Kurz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fear this will not be fixed in the 2016 anniversery update...
        So probably we have to wait at least another year for a fix...
        This is a real pain.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base