How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

image-rendering: pixelated

This declaration is used to preserve pixels when scaling up images (e.g. pixel art). IE provides this functionality via -ms-interpolation-mode: nearest-neighbor. The other browser engines also provide this functionality (see here: http://www.simevidas.com/2015/05/10/Blowing-up-pixel-art-on-the-Web.html).

599 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Šime VidasŠime Vidas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i cannot believe this is is missing from edge. responsive web design requires image resizing, and if you want your site to not look terrible, those images need to be resized bicubic, on the client, in the browser.

which decade is this again?

• Steffen BarabaschSteffen Barabasch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually don't care about "-ms-interpolation-mode", I would be more than happy with proper bicubic scaling, like the rest of the browser world does. Edge is a promising and welcome new start for MS, bus this single mishap alone disqualifies it as a usable browser.

• Keith JacksonKeith Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crucial - Imagery looks awful on edge because the default image rendering is not doing any form of anti aliasing and there is no longer a workaround to fix it.

• Šime VidasŠime Vidas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Hollister 1. Specs aren’t stable; new features are added and removed regularly. 2. Just because some features is in a spec at a given point in time, does not mean it should be immediately implemented. Often specs contains vague proposals which haven’t been fully though out.

• Jt HollisterJt Hollister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know what would be even better than suggesting individual features from the spec is if they just used the spec.

Feedback and Knowledge Base