How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

986 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Remco DekkerRemco Dekker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michal KovaříkMichal Kovařík commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be done for project neon to at least partially work with HTML/CSS/JS apps. I doubt native see through acrylic will be available for html apps, but backdrops would at least give us ability to do in-app blur

• Fábio AlvesFábio Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have! Specially when Microsoft Project Neon is supposed to use this. Also take a look and Groove Music app. It looks stunning with Backdrop filters.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you want your browser to be the most used, you should implement all the web standards that provide a great user experience, such as: SVG animations, css-filters, backdrop-filters, web audio, etc. The vast majority of codepen.io pens are not fully compatible with microsoft edge. Please implement the missing standards and experimental technologies including this one.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

change ability to hear English when movies are played in speaking rather than a language other than english

• Roger Graham TaylorRoger Graham Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My struggle may with IE may lead to my eventual demise. Please Microsoft save lives! Stop supporting/developing internet explorer. Think of our children! No one should see the internet this way.

• David MarsdenDavid Marsden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now supported in Chrome & Safari, Mobile Safari & Firefox close behind. Not quite living on the "Edge" to be left behind?

• JaJa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Please implement this. It could be very helpful to implement a nice design.
        2. Safari has implement this since 9.0, the info on your status page should be updated.

• AsbjørnAsbjørn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be enormously useful. Please implement as soon as possible, as this is an effect that is hard to simulate using other means (without wasting a lot of data by having duplicate blurred images).

• David MarsdenDavid Marsden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a seriously cool effect that I have waited years to see. Please implement this, it will save so much data as without the only option would be to use heavy raster graphics. and the fact it can be animated opens up all of novel UI possibilities.

Feedback and Knowledge Base