How can we improve the Microsoft Edge developer experience?

Implement the Web Bluetooth GATT Client API

1,075 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeffrey Yasskin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cross platform allowing for rapid development of applications that can communicate with IOT devices

• Paul O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jeffrey Yasskin first made a request for Web Bluetooth GATT Client API on Sep 15, 2015. 2.5 years later still not implemented?

Might have to move to Apple OS. I am still hoping, though, that the MS folks support the pocket lab voyager bluetooth protocol soon!

Hello, I work for the Bluetooth SIG.

I'm interested in the potential which a W3C standard Bluetooth LE API for browsers offers, though I not also some of the concerns raised by others. I'd welcome seeing work actively underway between the various parties to see if issues can be satisfactorily addressed. Bluetooth LE APIs are in most other platforms, including the various smartphone platforms. Bluetooth is going to be used increasingly in enterprise computing scenarios and as such, cloud technology with web applications rather than native desktop applications is likely to be the preferred architecture.

Aside from expressing our support, is there anything more tangible which the Bluetooth SIG might be able to contribute? I'd be happy to discuss by phone or face to face.

Thanks

Martin

We need this functionality support! Please get up to spec with the rest of the operating systems (Mac, Chrome, Linux) in regards to Bluetooth.

We'd love to see this happen so our customers can connect to our smart insoles (getarion.com) using Edge

It would be very helpful, even for support w/o the need for any app installation ...

• Paul O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this in enterprise development to talk to Bluetooth devices such as a card reader.

• James Bromley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am developing several IoT devices that use this. Currently I am having to tell my users to use Chrome.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base