$ | >

Docker

its fantastic, I cant wait for put my hands on! Question, docker? works well?

455 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Marcius Oliveira shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

49 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WSLUser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Rich Turner, if FUSE is implemented, we can then run LXCFS: https://linuxcontainers.org/lxcfs/introduction/ which would bring the cgroups needed without the WSL team actually implementing any c-group implementations. Not sure what the next blocker would be after that but consider re-opening this UserVoice until we can run LXCFS via libfuse

• kro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

docker support "completed" on wsl ?

what a joke ! you definitely know it is not supported.

thank you for calling us dumb.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree to re-open, the intention for my comment and vote was for dockerd, not the client which we all know already works.

• Nicolas Degardin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Everything is fine with Docker for Windows... Except that error:
        "wsl docker exec the input device is not a tty. if you are using mintty, try prefixing the command with 'winpty'"

When running any terminal emulation command on a container (such as docker exec -ti container bash). It is a big issue (preventing to open a shell in a container, or at least only in a degraded way).
        The suggested fix is to use Cygwin or Gitbash...

• Michele Locati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm pretty sure the question was about being able to run the docker daemon, not (only) the docker client.
        At least this is why I voted for this...

• Jeremy THERIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completed ? Not !
        We want to run containers INSIDE WSL, without requiring a separate VM on HyperV...

Please reopen !

• rustyx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you kidding, docker client works natively in Windows already. The request is obviously about the Linux Docker daemon, which currently requires a Linux VM. Please reopen.

• Adam Seering commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rich -- I believe this is a mistaken close. As commenters here have posted, this does not work yet; implementation is still very much in progress. Could you please re-open?

I'm pretty sure most people are asking for all of Docker to be supported, not just the client. This issue shouldn't be closed unless all of Docker is supported.

• Christopher Armstrong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it should be clear that this isn't about the client, but the actual daemon and attendant kernel support for containerization.

• Alan O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this got closed, but support for client is not enough. I have limitations because I need to run a VM for testing. When you install docker on Windows it utilizes HyperV which kills both VMware and VirtualBox. It would be more ideal to install docker server on WSL and run it there so images can load locally.

• Uoc Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support docker or any lxc would be fantastic dev env to work on. Only client is just not enough due to VM still need to be run to host other Linux for Docker.

Please Microsoft, allow dockerd to run on top of WSL!

Do this and Windows has a chance of becoming a real developer environment.

• Kite commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

docker-engine is worked for me. You need launch your ubuntu as administrator, then run "sudo service docker start", you can do other docker things.

• Bogdan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need docker-engine support on WSL.
        For now error : mount: unknown filesystem type 'cgroup'
        and then
        Cannot connect to the Docker daemon

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base