$ | >

Support for filesystem watchers like inotify

Currently there is no support for filesystem watchers like inotify.
Because of this tools like bitbake don't work.

933 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PatrykPatryk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

53 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matthijs HakfoortMatthijs Hakfoort commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a blocker for using gulp/grunt file watching, which means we cannot use Bash on Windows for our workflow atm, and we desperately want to!

• TesterTester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a **Major** blocker for most web development workflows. Honestly this should be the highest priority for WSL.

• Nolan LawsonNolan Lawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AFAICT this is the one big thing blocking me from using WSL as my primary command-line. Tools like watch/watchify/etc. are pretty vital to most modern webdev.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't run any gulp watches at the moment. Which basically breaks our build process. Same goes for EmberJS's `ember server` command. Same issue as Michael Cebrian with the PERM problems. Very annoying since one of the priority features is NodeJS support!

• Michael CebrianMichael Cebrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of the node.js watch functions that I've tried fail on EPERM. I've ensured that all files and directories that it's trying to access have the proper ownership group and user. I even tried running watch tasks as the root user, and I receive the same eperm issue. I've also made sure that all of the files are listed inside the linux subsystem, and that I'm not trying to watch files mounted to /mnt/c/

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base