$ | >

Add FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) support in WSL

Please add FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) interface /dev/fuse into WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux).
With FUSE, we can access from WSL to file storages regularly used with Linux cluster environments such as GlusterFS, Moose FS, etc.

1,767 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Toshitaka Kumagai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

220 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Daemon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idk if this is what I need but considering the dev for tmsu hasen't made a functional system for windows, I was hoping to install the Linux version under WSL and mount the VFS using that, it would be great for tagging my media libraries.

• David Windehem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be awesome if a FUSE-like feature was added to Windows itself, and if this was also exposed to WSL. This would mean that you could have filesystems implemented either in userspace Windows or userspace WSL, accessible from both environments. Preferably, the interface in Windows would be similar to FUSE, allowing for easy porting (and thus support of Windows-specific features), but it would be great to utilize the mature ecosystem of userspace filesystems that exists for Linux right off the bat.

• Nick Okasinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1. We have cloud file storage software for game developers and chip designers we want to port to Windows, but lack of FUSE is the principal obstacle.

• lb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As sshfs depends on this also an upvote for FUSE integration in WSL

• Cyck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's an emergency, we need FUSE to use the power of SSHFS !

I can do a Genkidama for this if this is necessary :)

• Noel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have SSHFS on Windows 10 would be a nice feature to obtain the ability to mount drive over ssh natively , a great feature for all the dev on w10 .

So +1 !

• Brar Christian Piening commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

sshfs seems to be the most requested use case for fuse.
        In my case it's needed as a workaround for rsyncing to a web hoster that allows sftp but not ssh connections.
        Please make it work!

• WSLUser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If we had LXCFS implemented via libfuse: https://linuxcontainers.org/lxcfs/introduction/
        we could allow cgroup implementations and other systemd workarounds to bring further functionality to WSL. This is extremely useful and important towards development. Please provide a status of when we can expect to see this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base