$ | >

Add FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) support in WSL

Please add FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) interface /dev/fuse into WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux).
With FUSE, we can access from WSL to file storages regularly used with Linux cluster environments such as GlusterFS, Moose FS, etc.

1,756 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Toshitaka Kumagai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

219 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1, please.
        I get stuck at work last year and heard that the update would release soon then until now......
        I really don't want to transfer to MAC only for the environment, WSL was just too close.
        It really makes people leaving, just like if you never make WSL.

• Modern Workflow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 +100 Please add this! SSHFS and similar network file systems are essential to a modern developers work flow. Adding FUSE support will massively increase the usability of Windows in a modern enterprise environment. I have seen so many guys jump ship from Windows because the interoperability tools just weren't there to facilitate a modern work flow. You will likely see a large migration back from people who are "on the fence". For the average person who doesn't care about ideology and who instead cares primarily about productivity and ease of use, adding FUSE support could be what puts them over the edge. I know it would certainly sway me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 please, It could be a great feature for developers to decide to stay permanently in windows 10!!

• Scholastic Philosopher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sure it has been mentioned, but with this you can be able to use AppImage, which makes running lots of linux software, almost as easy as .exe files! Definitely a huge boon to the space if we can get this working properly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to mount remote file storage via SSHFS is a major downside to using WSL.

Feedback and Knowledge Base