$ | >

OpenCL & CUDA GPU support

It would be nice to have (relatively) easy access to the dedicated GPU's on our Win10 PC's, and OpenCL support for the AMD Drivers & CUDA for NVidia drivers etc.

What I am thinking on specifically (although there are many many uses for it and CUDA support) is hashing functions that are lackluster within windows itself, but benefit immensely within Linux and Unix.

Cryptocurrency mining for example, is known to be much faster on Linux systems than Windows. Do you see any support for OpenCL and/or CUDA in the future?

3,791 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Zachary Bolt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey WSL users, as many of you have been asking for an update: we still do not have anything on the books yet for this feature, but we have NOT forgotten this request.

As we navigate requirements and evaluate our WSL work, we ask that you please continue voicing your desires and upvoting this issue. Feel free to ping me on twitter @CraigWilhite to tell me more about how you’d like to see this feature in WSL.

407 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin Wick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of CUDA support in WSL is the only reason I do not solely run Windows/WSL on my GPU workstation.

I know it's tough to implement, but I'm looking forward to it!

• Catalin Capota commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OpenCL/GPU/CUDA support +1

"It would be so helpful that I can't think of any other WSL feature with such an impact to the community. Please prioritize it as high as possible." +1

"No support of cuda is the last stumbling block for me to completely using windows." +1

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add support for CUDA GPU in WSL ASAP - we all love WSL, but without CUDA GPU support, we may have to give up WSL.

• sihan zhu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it seems GPU drivers not supported yet on WSL after more than 2 years being the most-requested feature on UserVoice, whats the meaning of this vote then, LOL

There are lots of reason for me to choose Windows rather than Mac or Linux if WSL can support CUDA. It's quite important for devs in the domain of ai, cv or numeric simulate~

• Fred Mellender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe the support needed is the MS kernel source code so that the NVidia driver installation can recompile the kernel. I.E. make the normal Linux driver installation as supplied by NVidia website and/or PPA-Ubuntu work with WSL.

No support of cuda is the last stumbling block for me to completely using windows. LOL

• Dariusz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be so helpful that I can't think of any other WSL feature with such an impact to the community. Please prioritize it as high as possible.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is Microsoft ignoring devs? Company with multibillion dollar revenue and not enough resources to implenet WLS GPU/CUDA??

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21

Feedback and Knowledge Base