$ | >

Chromium OS Support ! ! Rendering Graphics by new Chromium-based edge

I know that currently the WSL team is not prioritizing graphics.

But you can try to transfer data between the WSL kernel and the edge desktop (a special version with some features of the chromium OS), and then have the audio and graphics driven by Windows (a special version of edge should do, and you just need to make sure the kernel is "fully functional!" Support)

Then getting the sub-linux and sub-android systems of chromium OS to work well, is not only extremely convenient for developers (no need to restart switching systems or tolerate low-performance virtual machines), but also meets the entertainment needs of regular customers.

My English may not be that good and I apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred

Is that a good idea? I hope you can vote for me, I take my whimsical first time here :)

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

kerocate shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kowalski Prime (Kowalski7cc) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the most easy to do is supporting Wayland in Windows DWM (Desktop Window Manager), and interface WSL with DWM. And so you could use XWayland in WSL userspace to run X.org apps, as well Wayland apps and possibly Chromium OS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah.... But if Microsoft would like to support graphics they definitely have easier ways. Like an X-server based desktop manager built in dwm or something along those lines. But they didn't do it because they simply don't want Linux GUI on windows.

Feedback and Knowledge Base